Students & Young Professionals Network
The Students and Young Professionals Network (SYPN) aims to help individuals interested in global health research to expand their knowledge and experiences. The SYPN provides professional development, networking, and learning opportunities through an engaging network of like-minded students and young professionals. Not a member yet? Read about related benefits and opportunities >
- Webinar series focused on launching a career in global health, conducted in partnership with global health career and community platform, ThriveHire. Free, bi-monthly webinars cover a range of different topics related to navigating the global health world as a young professional.
- Guidance and coordination of university-led Student Chapters, which are student-led initiatives designed to foster research and networking in global health at the institutional level to promote collaborations across disciplines and between universities.
- Coordination of events, such as student forums, an annual Global Health Students and Young Professionals Summit, and tailored SYPN events at CCGHR-sponsored regional and national conferences (e.g. Coalition Institutes, Canadian Conference on Global Health).
- Professional application service for CCGHR members, for confidential review of job applications as well as graduate school programs (letter of intent, resume, etc).
- Moderation of a members-only Facebook forum to promote dialogue among SYPs, with updates on global health-related current events and professional development opportunities to build your career skills.
- Support for SYPN members interested in conducting interviews with established global health professionals in our network as part of our Q & A Series.
CCGHR Student Chapters are collaborative student-led groups designed to foster research and networking in global health among campus communities from all disciplines and levels of study. Student chapters also facilitate mentorship opportunities with senior CCGHR members as well as international partnerships. Read more about benefits and find chapter contacts >
The CCGHR Ottawa Regional Hub aims to help students and young professionals develop a community interested in global health in Ottawa. Our goal is to provide networking opportunities, host regular events, and offer professional development support. If you are interested in joining, please email us at email@example.com.
To contact the SYPN Network, you can reach out to specific Executive Committee members or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us on Twitter for regular updates. Consult our SYPN Executive Bios >