Principles for Global Health Research
Health inequities are often avoidable consequences of actions and contexts that disproportionately advantage some groups over others. These negatively affect human rights, including the right to health. Global health research aims to promote greater equity worldwide. The six principles presented here encourage researchers and others to adopt more ethical and equitable forms of global health research.
These principles were developed through a multi-phase, dialogue-based research process (the Gathering Perspectives Studies) in response to a call for action from researchers, funders, and administrators who indicated a need for greater governance to support global health research. We gratefully acknowledge the contributions of the 300+ participants who offered their thoughtful perspectives to these studies, our advisors and reviewers, our dynamic research team, and the funding support provided by the Global Health Research Initiative (GHRI) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
- CCGHR Principles for Global Health Research (One Pager)
- CCGHR Principles for Global Health Research (Companion document)
- CCGHR Principles for Global Health Research (Guiding YouTube Video)
- The CCGHR Principles for Global Health Research: Centering equity in research, knowledge translation, and practice (Related Article)
- Les principes de recherche en santé mondiale de la CCRSM (Résumé en français)
- Les principes de recherche en santé mondiale de la CCRSM (Document d’accompagnement)
- Los principios de la CCGHR para la investigación sobre la salud global (Documento complementario en español)
Recommended citation (APA):
Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research. (2015, November). CCGHR principles for global health research. Retrieved from: http://www.ccghr.ca/resources/principles-global-health-research/
Plamondon, K. M., & Bisung, E. (2019). The CCGHR Principles for Global Health Research: Centering equity in research, knowledge translation, and practice. Social Science & Medicine, 239, 112530.