The Coalition works actively to develop capacities to support relevant equity-oriented research and its effective use, helping to reduce the “know-do gap.” We focus on catalyst competencies, including mentorship and leadership, knowledge translation, and partnering and networking.
- Engaging our individuals members, notably around the annual Canadian Conference on Global Health and through pilot regional workshops or Coalition Institutes (in coordination with the University Advisory Council).
- Strengthening networks of Canadian global health researchers working within specific countries, promoting harmonization and collaboration (Bangladesh, Ghana, Mongolia, Nepal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia).
- Providing guidance on building effective and sustainable partnerships for global health research.
- Facilitating workshops with the Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) and recruiting Canadian mentors and peer reviewers from our member universities to support its fellows.
- Actively collaborating with other partner organizations including the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) and African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth).