The University Advisory Council (UAC) was launched in 2010 to foster greater collaboration and coordination among Canadian universities that are CCGHR institutional members, serving as a platform to move the global health research agenda forward nationally. Representatives from our 24 member universities meet in person every year, the UAC Executive Committee connects virtually on a quarterly basis and liaison persons participate in issue-based working groups to discuss common interests, challenges and future goals.
Expressions of interest are invited to select a new Chair for the UAC (see below Terms of Reference). Interested CCGHR members who have served on the Board or committees, who have been representatives for their university as UAC liaison persons or those with an interest in fostering a network of university leaders in global health research, are welcome to apply.
Some recent areas of interest for the UAC include:
- Collaborating with other CCGHR committees to organize regional Coalition Institutes focused on capacity-building and networking (in Ontario in 2016).
- Encouraging curriculum sharing and preparing lists of courses with materials relevant to global health research that could be shared among colleagues in UAC member universities.
- Fostering a transdisciplinary research approach to the deeply complex problems in global health and supporting the growth of such research teams.
- Exchanging on internationalization policies and strategies, within the broader framework of “social accountability.”
- Promoting research harmonization in Canada through information sharing about projects where there is potential for value-added coordination and collaboration. Several databases have been created on bilateral research partnerships and different universities serve as maintenance “hubs.”
Please provide a letter outlining your interest and a recent CV, and send as a single PDF file to email@example.com by October 25, 2018. Please clearly indicate in your letter whether you would be able to attend to Nov. 18 UAC Workshop to be held in Toronto. We regret that no travel funding is available this year to attend the meeting.
The review of applications, interviews and recommendations will be the responsibility of the UAC Executive and the new Chair will be announced by November 12, 2018. The Chair will select a Co-Chair and will ideally be engaged in the hand over at the UAC workshop on Nov. 18.