The 6th Annual CCGHR Student Global Health Forum will be held in Waterloo, ON on Saturday, March 7, 2020. Organized by the University of Waterloo CCGHR Student Chapter in collaboration with several other CCGHR student chapters, this exciting event will focus on “Global Health in Context: Unpacking the Political, Economic, Environmental, and Social”. The Forum aims to facilitate collaboration of like-minded individuals across various research backgrounds, career sectors, and professional development stages.
The CCGHR is proud to offer travel bursaries to attend this year’s Student Forum. Between 4-6 bursaries will be awarded to eligible CCGHR SYP members to cover the cost of transportation to and from Waterloo. The maximum amount for a single bursary is $80, and should only cover expenses related to transportation. Please note that successful applicants will need to cover their own accommodation (if required).
Bursary eligibility criteria
- Applicants must be paying CCGHR student/young professional members at the time of application ($35/year). To become a member or renew >
- Preference will be given to SYPs who: 1) have had their abstract accepted; 2) have not had the opportunity to attend this event previously; and 3) do not have access to transportation provided by their university.
- Applicants must agree to either individually, or in collaboration with peers, produce a deliverable (either a blog, multimedia piece, etc.) that summarizes their reflections on and learnings from the Forum.
- Applicants should briefly describe why they are interested in attending the Forum, and what they hope to gain from the experience.
- Applicants should provide a detailed budget that describes their transportation expenses to attend the Forum.
- Students from universities with provided transportation to and from the Forum may apply to the bursary program, but must provide an explanation for why the provided transportation is not suitable.
Wednesday, February 26 at 11:59 pm EST. To allow sufficient time to make travel arrangements, the review team will provide applicants with a decision on their application by February 28 at 5:00 pm EST. Note that only successful applicants will be contacted. If you have further questions, please e-mail: email@example.com.
SUBMIT your application online to be considered for funding support.
Purchase Tickets to the Forum.