Liaison persons designated by our 24 member universities will be meeting in Ottawa on Oct. 28, focusing discussions on this year’s theme of “Strengthening Communications and Synergies.” UAC Chair Jennifer Hatfield is sharing the agenda for the day.
Agenda UAC workshop 2017 (PDF version)
Theme: “Strengthening Communications and Synergies”
Saturday, September 28, 2017 – 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT (by invitation only)
Carleton University, RB 3228 in Richcraft Hall, 9376 University Drive, Ottawa
8:00 a.m. Meet in the lobby of the Marriott Hotel if you wish to share cab rides.
8:30 a.m. 1. Welcome and round of brief introductions – Jennifer Hatfield
9:00 a.m. 2. Updates and Context:
a) CCGHR: Charles Larson, National Coordinator and program chairs
- Capacity Building Committee: Jill Allison & Kofi Barimah
- Policy and Advocacy Committee: Katrina Plamondon & David Zakus
- Students and Young Professionals Network: Madeleine Bélanger D.
b) University Advisory Council: Jennifer Hatfield, Chair and brief updates from UAC working groups
- WG on Curriculum Sharing: Manisha Kulkarni
- WG on Coalition Regional Institutes: Susan Elliot & Jill Allison
- WG on Country Partnerships: Vic Neufeld & Kofi Barimah
- WG on Institutional Advocacy: Jennifer Hatfield& Katrina Plamondon
c) Any other updates
10:00 a.m. Refreshment Break
10:30 a.m. 3. Member Institutions: Highlights, Challenges, Recommendations for UAC Exec/WGs
***Special request to liaison persons: please try to have a discussion on these issues with your own institutional colleagues before coming to the workshop.
12:00 p.m. 4. UAC Priorities for 2018 – Small group discussions (over lunch)
1:30 p.m. Reports from small groups and general discussion
2:45 p.m. Synthesis and priority setting for 2018
3:00 p.m. Conclusion and Adjourn