Zambia Research Ethics
This part of the directory provides information on research ethics processes in Zambia. The standards for research ethics in Zambia are governed by the National Health Research Ethics Committee (Chair: Dr. M. Maboshe, Ministry of Health), while there are three research ethics boards operating in-country. Please follow the links provided to access relevant organizations and documents.
General Research Ethics ResourcesUNZA Biomedical REB Telephone: 0966765422 University of Zambia (UNZA) Biomedical Research Ethics Committee: STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (PDF) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org UNZA Humanities and Social Sciences REB Contact person: Ireen Subulwa Tel: 0977807860 E-mail: email@example.com ERES Converge (Private REB)
33 Joseph Mwilwa Road Rhodes Park, Lusaka Tel: +260 955 155 633 Tel: +260 955 155 634 Cell: +260 966 765 503 firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Research Ethics Links
- Government of Canada Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics (PRE)
- TCPS 2 – Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards
- CIHR Best Practices for Protecting Privacy in Health Research
International Research Ethics Links
- Declaration of Helsinki
- Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences
- WHO Department of Ethics and Social Determinants
DID WE MISS SOMETHING?
If you have any information on research ethics in Zambia, or if you find any links that don’t work or need updating, please let us know via email.