University Advisory Council
The University Advisory Council (UAC) was launched in 2010 to foster greater collaboration and coordination among Canadian universities that are CCGHR institutional members, serving as a platform to move the global health research agenda forward nationally. Representatives from our 20+ member universities meet in person every year, they connect virtually on a quarterly basis and participate in issue-based working groups to discuss common interests, challenges and future goals.
- Collaborating with other CCGHR committees to organize regional Coalition Institutes focused on capacity-building and networking (in Ontario in 2016).
- Encouraging curriculum sharing and preparing lists of courses with materials relevant to global health research that could be shared among colleagues in UAC member universities.
- Fostering a transdisciplinary research approach to the deeply complex problems in global health and supporting the growth of such research teams.
- Exchanging on internationalization policies and strategies, within the broader framework of “social accountability.”
- Promoting research harmonization in Canada through information sharing about projects where there is potential for value-added coordination and collaboration. Several databases have been created on bilateral research partnerships and different universities serve as maintenance “hubs.”
Jennifer Hatfield, University of Calgary
Supported by Vic Neufeld, Special Advisor to the CCGHR
To learn more or get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.