Students & Young Professionals Network
The Students and Young Professionals Network (SYPN) aims to help individuals interested in global health research to expand their knowledge and experiences. The SYPN provides professional development, networking, and learning opportunities through an engaging network of like-minded students and young professionals.
- Guidance and coordination of university-led Student Chapters, which are student-led initiatives designed to foster research and networking in global health at the institutional level to promote collaborations across disciplines and between universities.
- Coordination of events, such as student forums, an annual Global Health Students and Young Professionals Summit, and tailored SYPN events at CCGHR-sponsored regional and national conferences (e.g. Coalition Institutes, Canadian Conference on Global Health).
- Posting of internship, job and other professional development opportunities for students and young professionals to become more engaged and to build career skills in global health.
- Professional application service for CCGHR members, for confidential review of job applications as well as graduate school programs (letter of intent, resume, etc).
- Moderation of a members-only Facebook forum to promote dialogue between SYPN members and provide updates on global health-related current events.
CCGHR Student Chapters are collaborative student-led groups designed to foster research and networking in global health among campus communities from all disciplines and levels of study. Student chapters also facilitate mentorship opportunities with senior CCGHR members as well as international partnerships. Read more about benefits and find chapter contacts >
To contact the SYPN Network, you can reach out to specific Executive Committee members or write to email@example.com. You can also connect with us on Twitter for regular updates. Consult our SYPN Executive Bios >