Policy and Advocacy
The Coalition engages with key policy actors and the public to raise awareness about our country’s leading role in global health and the importance of research in the field. Our goal is to promote strategic, equity-centred and evidence-informed investments in global health. We are knowledge translators and brokers committed to broad-based dialogue.
- Organizing and participating in dialogue events, bringing together global health researchers and key policy actors in Canada and internationally.
- Promoting equity-centred Principles for Global Health Research, emerging from our Gathering Perspectives studies conducted between 2013 and 2016.
- Facilitating capacity-building for knowledge translation, including tools and practice opportunities to influence policy.
- Supporting global health researchers as they navigate a changing funding landscape, offering best practice examples and regular updates on available funding (member-only Funding Road Map).
- Raising awareness of priority global health themes such as climate change, with a Working Group on the Health Impacts of Climate Change created in 2018
Katrina Plamondon, Interior Health and University of British Columbia (Okanagan Campus)
David Zakus, University of Toronto
To learn more or get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org