Connecting Potential Partners Online: A CCGHR Member Service for Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) Research
April 8 2014
In late March 2014, the Global Health Research Initiative (GHRI) announced a call for letters of intent for MNCH Implementation Research Teams (Click here for the call posted on IDRC’s website).
The CCGHR has developed a tool to support connecting colleagues interested in applying for this call. Please read below for details.
The deadline for this call is May 20, 2014 at 17:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
- an African researcher as a principal applicant (with citizenship or permanent residency from an African country), based in an institution located in one of the targeted countries
- a Canadian researcher as a co-principal applicant based in a Canadian institution, and
- a relevant local, district, or national level decision-maker as a co-principal applicant, from the same country as the principal applicant’s institution.
Supporting Partnership Development
After this call was launched, the CCGHR was approached by some members who are interested in the call and seeking potential partners to collaborate with on a proposal. The problem? Finding those potential partners.
The CCGHR has decided to respond to this challenge by creating a connecting service for our members. We have created a platform on our Member Services site where members can share their CVs, use a forum to leave a request/note about their project idea, and ultimately connect with each other to explore proposal development.
How does it work?
- Members can login to the CCGHR Member Services website (you will be asked to login to access the platform): http://members.ccghr.ca/mnch-call-for-letters-of-intent
- Once logged in you can submit your CV to a shared document folder (where you can also view CVs of others), and also use a dedicated Forum (http://members.ccghr.ca/MNCH-discussion-forum) to share your ideas and comment on ideas of others.
- Browse available CV’s and forum comments to determine potential partners via shared interests/countries of focus.
- Email or call potential colleagues to discuss collaborating on a proposal.
NOTE: While the CCGHR has capacity to support the development of this platform, we don’t have the capacity to complete and/or submit your proposals.
Not a Member?
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this service and are not yet a member, this is a perfect opportunity to join the Coalition. You can use our membership form (located below) to join us. Membership gives you access to our Member Services platform.
If you have any questions about this process or if you’re interested in learning more about membership, please contact Roberta Lloyd at email@example.com.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software