The Coalition works actively to develop capacities to support relevant equity-oriented research and its effective use, helping to reduce the “know-do gap.” We focus on catalyst competencies, including mentorship and leadership, knowledge translation, and partnering and networking.
Current activities focus on:
- Engaging our individuals members, notably around the annual Canadian Conference on Global Health and through pilot regional workshops or Coalition Institutes (in coordination with the University Advisory Council).
- Strengthening networks of Canadian global health researchers working within specific countries, promoting harmonization and collaboration (Bangladesh, Ghana, Mongolia, Nepal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia).
- Providing guidance on building effective and sustainable partnerships for global health research.
- Facilitating workshops with the Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) and recruiting Canadian peer reviewers from our member universities to support its fellows.
- Actively collaborating with other partner organizations including the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) and African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth).
Jill Allison, Memorial University
Kofi Barimah, Ghana Technology University College
To learn more or get involved, please contact email@example.com