- Promote increased investment and involvement in global health research (GHR) in Canada and beyond;
- Strengthen the Coalition’s role in knowledge translation (KT);
- Develop and implement policy relevant communications for key stakeholders, partners and collaborators;
- Assist partners in LMICs in knowledge translation activities for advancing health research processes.
This program has evolved from the former Task Group on Mobilizing Support, and is designed to carry out the Coalition’s mandate to increase support for global health research through influencing relevant policies of governments, agencies and institutions.
- Produce and disseminate “report cards” about Canada’s role in GHR. The first report card will focus on Canada’s role in knowledge translation.
- Prepare publications about Canada’s role in global health research.
- Develop and test educational materials and programs about knowledge translation, working with the Coalition’s Capacity Development programs (see Country Partnerships Program: Zambia-Canada team).
The most recent activity of PIP is our new engagement initiative, Gathering Perspectives, in which the Coalition is seeking to engage with the broader global health community about Canada’s role in global health research. Please visit the Gathering Perspectives page to learn more and to get involved!
PIP’s “Knowledge Translation Resource Group” (KTRG) is responsible for providing and updating learning materials about knowledge translation.
To learn more about how to become involved, please contact the co-chairs.
Katrina Plamondon - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ian Graham – email@example.com