Job Posting – Part-time Project Officer (28 hours weekly)
Position Type: Contract – Part-Time
Application Deadline: Noon EST on January 6, 2017
The Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research (CCGHR) is a not-for-profit organization promoting better and more equitable health worldwide by mobilizing greater Canadian investment and involvement in global health research, nurturing productive partnerships among Canadians and people from low- and middle-income countries, and turning research into action.
This part time, one-year contract will be held by an experienced Project Officer with a strong and creative problem-solving aptitude and strong communication skills. The Project Officer will be an integral member of the secretariat and project team and will work under the supervision of the National Coordinator and in close cooperation with the CCGHR committees on Capacity Building, Policy & Advocacy and Finance.
Key responsibilities include:
Project & Committee Support
● Support principle investigators and committee chairs with all administrative and logistical arrangements for CCGHR projects from proposal phase to project completion.
● Provide timely budget updates on a regular basis and on request
● Provide on-site support to guests and CCGHR members at meetings and conferences.
● Develop written, graphic and visual materials for public presentation (for public relations purposes or for revenue generation).
● With support of CCGHR National Coordinator, develop, coordinate and implement membership recruitment plan
● Promote CCGHR membership through social-media channels, and at events and conferences
● Coordinate monthly news bulletin, CONNECT
● Compile Canadian and international global health funding opportunities for bi-monthly Funding Road Map service
● Provide first response communication with CCGHR members and other members of the global health research (GHR) community regarding requests for information, resources and support on capacity building, research to action, and building partnerships. Whenever possible, facilitate problem solving for CCGHR members and other members of the global health research (GHR) community by connecting them to appropriate people, resources and opportunities.
● Coordinate logistics for annual University Advisory Council meeting
● Prepare invoices for institutional membership dues and coordinate payment with bookkeeper
Student and Young Professional Network (SYPN) Management
● Manage a team of 8 SYPN executives (divided into 4 sub-groups)
● Develop innovative project ideas for each of the SYPN executive sub-groups
● Oversee the development, implementation and management of projects that build the capacity of the SYPN in Canada and internationally
● Liaise with other global health student groups in Canada and abroad, identifying and cultivating strategic partnerships for the SYPN
● Represent the SYPN at various Coalition events and conferences
● Maintain communication with SYPN executives, SYP Coalition members, the Coalition secretariat and other groups
Work with the CCGHR bookkeeper to:
● Prepare regular revenue-expense statements for all projects and the CCGHR as a whole to ensure that no project runs over budget
● Prepare project financial statements as requested by CCGHR personnel as per grant deadlines
● Develop and revise budgets in collaboration with National Coordinator and project officers (as required)
● Prepare summaries for Secretary-Treasurer in advance of Board, Executive, Annual General Meetings and upon request
Website and Social Media
● Coordinate with National Coordinator to ensure most current resources and information are available on the CCGHR website, Facebook and Twitter
● Work with committee chairs and principle investigators to develop online materials for the CCGHR website
Board and Committee Liaison
● Coordinate and take minutes for all meetings and teleconferences
● Coordinate bi-annual election process, including logistical support for Nomination Committee
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
● Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills
● General understanding of, and interest in, global health research for development and in developing countries
● Excellent writing skills
● Demonstrated ability to perform project management tasks
● Experience with website development and management platforms (i.e. WordPress)
● Social media and communications experience
● Ability to work with others as an effective and cooperative member of a team
● Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision; a creative a self-starter
● Demonstrated ability to work under pressure when deadlines must be met
● Effective interpersonal skills, including tact, maturity and sensitivity to individuals and conditions in different cultural and organizational contexts
● A Masters degree in global health (or an equivalent field) considered an asset
● Competent in English and French (Spanish would be an asset)
● Ability to work at home.
HOW TO APPLY
Hourly Rate: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour commensurate with level of education and experience. This is a contract position from January 15- December 31, 2017 with the possibility for renewal and expansion. Candidates interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon EST January 6, 2017.
Although all applications are appreciated, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contact by: noon EST on January 6, 2017.
Canadian Coalition for Global Health Research (CCGHR)